Industry need: In 2007 BioTalent Canada conducted an environmental scan of internationally educated professionals (IEPs) in Canada’s biotechnology sector. It was determined that there are four imperatives for harnessing the talents of internationally educated professionals:
- Canadian experience;
- English competency and cultural integration into the biotechnology business environment;
- Practical assessment of skills and confirmation of experience; and
- An industry broker to facilitate links between employers and prospective employees.
- To accurately recognize individual skills to create the best match with employers in an efficient and reliable manner;
- To help the bio-economy accurately and easily confirm talent when recruiting; and
- To collect knowledge on an ongoing basis regarding Canada’s pool of bio-economy talent to effectively match skilled professionals with appropriate employment and learning opportunities.
Supporting Project: Environmental Scan for Internationally Trained Professionals in the Biotechnology Sector
Funded by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program.