Industry need: In 2007 BioTalent Canada conducted an environmental scan of internationally educated professionals (IEPs) in Canada’s biotechnology sector. It was determined that there are four imperatives for harnessing the talents of internationally educated professionals:
1. Canadian experience;
2. English competency and cultural integration into the biotechnology business environment;
3. Practical assessment of skills and confirmation of experience; and
4. An industry broker to facilitate links between employers and prospective employees.
1. To implement a program for recognizing the competencies and skills of internationally educated professionals (IEPs) and ultimately address the shortages of skills in the Canadian bio-economy.
2. To engage industry and IEPs in the program through outreach activities.
Supporting projects leveraged:
- Workplace Skills Development for Foreign Trained Professionals
- Skills Profiles I and II
- International Medical Skills Transfer
- Medical Laboratory Technologist Skills Transfer
- BioSkills Recognition Program
- Bio-economy Skills At-a-Glance
- Bio-economy Skills Profiles
- BioCareer Pathways
Workplace Skills Development for Foreign Trained Professionals
Environmental Scan for Internationally Trained Professionals in the Biotechnology Sector
Integration Tools for Internationally Educated Bio-Professionals
Biotech Resumé Builder
Funded by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program.