Applications for Career Focus Green Jobs are no longer being accepted. Please continue to visit our website for program updates.
What could your company achieve with a $13,500 wage subsidy?
Career Focus Green Jobs is a wage subsidy program for employment opportunities that have a green mandate or any job with an employer that has an environmental focus.
The Career Focus Green Jobs wage subsidy program gives employers the freedom to:
- Meet their staffing needs with less financial risk
- Grow their business
- Access a pool of workers eager to utilize their skills
- Develop new talent within their companies
Long success record
BioTalent Canada has a long track record of successful implementation of federal wage-subsidy programs, helping new talent gain employment in biotech and assisting companies in offsetting the costs of hiring. Since 2016 Career Focus Green Jobs has placed over 200 new graduates into green and environmentally focus companies or positions. For stories and more details on the success of BioTalent Canada wage subsidy programs please see our Mapping Potential – Profiles of Canada’s biotech frontiers.
The program covers the cost of a new graduate’s salary by 50% to a maximum of $13,500/year to help employers hire the talent they need and help recent graduates initiate a career. Employers can bring on an eager, educated young worker for a special project – and at the end of the placement end up with a skilled candidate already oriented to their company.
To qualify as a green job either the job needs to have a green mandate or the employer needs to have an environmental focus.
Green jobs are employment opportunities that meet the following criteria:
- Help reduce the consumption of energy and raw materials;
- Limit greenhouse gas emissions;
- Minimize waste and pollution;
- Protect and restore ecosystems.
Green jobs can also include employment opportunities in:
- Non-profit environmental organizations;
- Solar and wind technology companies;
- Environmental science centers;
- Watershed and water resource agencies;
- Farms and farming co-ops;
- Conservation organizations;
- Museums and educational institutions;
- Waste management companies;
- Information technology companies.
Examples of positions that could qualify
To qualify as a green job either the job needs to have a green mandate or the employer needs to have an environmental focus. For example:
- Finance Coordinator at a solar energy company
- Systems Administrator for an environmental management software at a manufacturing company
- Program Assistant for an electronic waste program at an IT device manufacturer
- Research Scientist at a biofuels company
|Eligibility||Employer||Job Title||Job Area||Job has a Green Mandate||Employer has an Environmental Focus|
|Yes||Solar Energy Company||Finance Coordinator||Finance||No||Yes|
|Yes||Food Processing Company||Systems Administrator,Environmental management software||IT||Yes||No|
|Yes||IT Device Manufacturer||Program Assistant,Electronic Waste Program||Project Management||Yes||No|
|Yes||Biofuels Company||Research Scientist||Science||Yes||Yes|
Uncertain if your job qualifies? Don’t count yourself out.
Contact Mary at 1-866-243-2472, ext. 222 or [email protected] or Colleen at ext. 221 or [email protected].
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy.