The I.D.E.A.L Biosciences Employer Recognition program, which represents Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility Leadership, will recognize organizations in Canada’s bio-economy leading the way in embodying the diverse and inclusive corporate principles needed to promote growth and success in the sector.
The following resources focus on strengthening IDEA in the workplace, reaching a greater talent pool by hiring and retaining IEPs, and fostering an equitable workforce free from discrimination.
These resources can be used as benchmarking tools for companies considering applying for the recognition.
- Building Workplace Resiliency: Adopting Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA)
- Building Workplace Resiliency: Hiring Internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs)
- Building Workplace Resiliency: Understanding Canadian Human Rights
Industry impact stories
Many companies in the sector have begun incorporating IDEA into their best practices. BioTalent Canada will be releasing a series of stories over the summer, highlighting these companies and their efforts to create a more inclusive, diverse, and equitable workforce.
Applications for the I.D.E.A.L recognition
Applications will open Fall 2022.
Organizations, under 50 employees and over 50 employees, who apply for the I.D.E.A.L. recognition will be evaluated on the following IDEA best practices:
- Alignment of IDEA to the vision, values, strategies and outcomes of the organization;
- Leadership accountability for IDEA;
- Measurement and assessment of the organization’s current IDEA efforts;
- The priority the organization places on IDEA learning and awareness;
- How the organization prioritizes inclusive talent management practices;
- Efforts put forward by the organization to create a culture of belonging, and
- Efforts put forward by the organization to engage with external stakeholders: community, clients and suppliers.
To stay up-to-date with the opening of applications, and other news, please subscribe to our newsletter.