For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking a Shipping & Receiving Clerk for our site located Laval.
The following are responsibilities related to the Shipping & Receiving Clerk:
• Responsible for receiving and distributing materials according to established procedures.
• Understand and conform to Chain of Custody protocols and guidelines.
• Responsible for data entry and inventory management via SAP.
• Be able to fill orders requested by the labs.
• Assist in receiving material in the warehouse and put away accurately.
• Must be flexible with work schedule, which may require staying late (over time), and possibly holidays when needed.
• Be able to backup shipping.
• Receive and distribute shipments according to established procedures.
• Maintain receiving dock and warehouse area in an orderly fashion
• Comparing packing lists to company purchase orders and ensuring that the products in each delivery match the packing list.
• Assuring no damaged items are received, must follow proper procedure.
• Work in conjunction with Purchasing team.
• Provide superior customer service.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities; attention to detail, computer literacy; and the ability to interact appropriately with all levels of employees.
Why work at Charles River?
We offer an excellent integration program for our new employees as well as opportunities for internal Growth and career development. Our other Perks include
• Stable day work schedule
• Minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation, plus paid sick
• Competitive benefits starting from day one (health and dental coverage)
• Access to a savings and retirement program including an employer contribution
• And much more
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Shipping & Receiving Clerk position:
• Employee will be required to stand, walk, bend, reach overhead, push and pull objects, lift/carry at least 50 lbs, and use hands and feet repetitively.
• Occasionally required to sit, climb, crouch, kneel, balance objects, and operate electric and manual lift.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.Soumettre une demande maintenant