Job Description Summary
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to combine it with your passion for science, we want you on our team! We empower our staff to make their own decisions and are looking for like-minded people to grow and be successful with us in the exciting and demanding field of cellular biology.
The Scientific Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to identify and acquire new customers while managing existing accounts and relationships for STEMCELL Technologies. You will be expected to challenge researchers to think in new ways by encouraging them to adopt different scientific perspectives that will drive their research forward. You will work alongside your customers, providing excellent scientific technical support and exceptional customer service. The Scientific Sales Representative is responsible for ensuring that the target revenue for the territory is exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement sales strategies to ensure the company meets its revenue objectives by growing new and existing accounts.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to teach customers about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their scientific research which link back to STEMCELL’s product solutions.
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- Research prospective customers to identify the right stakeholders to sell to.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals generated by Inside Sales or through marketing activities.
- Prepare price quotations, discounts and custom requests to serve the customers’ needs and increase STEMCELL’s sales volume and deal size.
- Attend scientific conferences, trade shows and seminars as required.
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support.
- Liaise and troubleshoot with Product and Scientific Support staff regarding difficult customer queries.
- Update all communications and customer interactions in CRM (SFDC) and use customer intelligence for account planning purposes.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure consistent messaging that pointedly addresses the current customer landscape.
- Provide feedback from the field to Sales Management about market dynamics, product performance, competition and market potential.
- Education – BSc, MSc or PhD in Stem Cell Biology, Hematology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or an allied science is preferred
- Excellent Communication – Tailors communication to the customer’s needs with confidence; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic Thinking – Systematically solves problems and considers possible customer pain points, expectations, and needs; regularly brainstorms with team members to come up with solutions to solve complex challenges.
- Interpersonal Influence – Uses rational and emotional drivers to resonate with customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations.
- Ownership – Goes above and beyond to complete a job and has a relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
- Workflow Management – Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth.
- Valid US Driver's license is required.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please use ‘apply now’ to apply on our careers site.Soumettre une demande maintenant