Summary of the Job:
This position reports directly into the Director, R&D and scientific affairs. Moreover, the incumbent will work with and report to the VP Business development on a regular to grow the bottom line revenue of the company by driving sales in an accretive fashion to the bottom line.
The scope of the work will be to:
- Develop, implement, and be accountable for sales and marketing to advance the company's mission and objectives especially to promote profitable revenue growth.
- Work as a team with ownership and management.
- Identify and increase new sources of revenue within and outside the existing services.
The incumbent in this role shall perform his duties and responsibilities within the framework of the vision, mission, and core values of Employer. Without limiting the foregoing, Employee's duties include but are not limited to:
- Business development and sales
- Work alongside the Director R&D and scientific affairs and the R&D team to deploy business development and sales across North America
- Identify business leads, analyze their potential and prioritize the contact activities
- Lead and develop the introduction of new commercial solutions to the market
- Define uniqueness of Neopharm for each of the core customers to highlight the added value (quality \ quantity of service \ one stop shop \ reaction time and support during regulatory crisis if applicable) : develop a true partnership between the lab and the company and bring forward the quality of the work at Neopharm and bring forward potential new approach.
- To develop a strategic long term partnership with key customers
- Better align with customer needs in order to plan for internal human resources ( just in time deployment: hiring, training, etc..)
- Search \ validate potential contract manufacturing facilities in Canada \ USA
Develop launch plan:
- By geography: Quebec \ Rest of Canada \ USA
- By product line \ segment
- Develop launch plans: short term, medium and long term: budget, marketing plan (digital, web, PR), budget, sale approach and structure, logistic.
- List all key dates for launch ( planogram revision, key pharmacy events, trade show etc..)
- Elaborate on the strategic fit with Neopharm ( quality, know how,…) and the potential conflict channel : manage and execute in order to leverage positively.
- Select one or two key pharmacy chain for concept \ game plan approval and endorsement with potential first to market strategy.
- Represent the company at trade shows, conferences and meetings and at formal functions and wherever else the company requires representation and organizes company presence and presentations at same
- Promote the company to local, regional, national, and international organizations
- Keep the fellow staff informed and motivated
- Attend monthly meetings with the department heads to review results, initiative, staffing, financial information, quality control issues etc.
- Providing advice and counsel
- Commercial infrastructure & tools
- Conduct a segmentation analysis for all existing and potential clients and recommend appropriate programs to support growth;
- Lead the process to manage inquiries related to quotes, such as price requests, information requests and other requests related to procurement contracts;
- Develop and manage R&D activities in collaboration with the Customer Service / Operations’ team;
- Establish and manage the corporate calendar for trade events and represent Neopharm Labs accordingly;
- Work with suppliers to develop and maintain all external corporate communications (e.g., digital presence, corporate brochure and presentations, etc);
- Lead the implementation of a CRM platform across the organization (SalesForce);
- Ensure that customer feedback mechanisms are in place to enable customer excellence .
- Other duties, as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science (e.g., chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field), Master’s in Business, with a minimum of 5-10 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related services.
Required Personal skills:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in French and English ;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong entrepreneurial and business development skills;
- Efficient negotiating, deal making and problem solving skills;
- High degree of motivation, enthusiasm and capacity to energize team;
- Availability and flexibility to travel;
- Leadership and integrity.