Who We Are & Where We Are Going
Semaphore is a leading global provider of software solutions for high-throughput and high-complexity molecular diagnostic laboratories. Our clients are pushing the limits of genetic sequencing and other molecular diagnostic technologies to fight cancer, increase diagnostic accuracy, and improve health outcomes for the general population. We are extremely proud of our contribution to the Covid-19 pandemic response, which enabled our clients to increase critical high-volume testing capacity in their geographical areas.
Semaphore’s culture is about putting people first. We strive to create an environment where individuals feel a connection to our mission, each other, and the community. We provide our staff with genuine support for their well-being and enable their best work through autonomy, flexibility, and continuous learning.
In addition to our expanding business providing expert software services, Semaphore has embarked on an exciting new phase. Our team is building Labbit, the intelligent Laboratory System of the future. Our platform provides key infrastructure to clinical genomic laboratories that will enable them to realize the full potential of genomic science. This innovative product will help advance diagnostics and therapies, resulting in improved global health outcomes. We are looking to grow our team with people who are fascinated by the intersection of software and life sciences and want to be part of a purpose-driven team impacting how science informs human health.
About the Opportunity
As a Product Marketer, you will join our Sales and Marketing team to further develop and execute go-to-market strategies and assets for Labbit, with significant autonomy and responsibility for driving growth and success. You will report to the Head of Sales and Marketing and work closely with Sales and Product Management to track product revenue and growth metrics. By creating compelling content aimed at each customer lifecycle stage, you will equip the sales team with the right stories and talking points to help evolve the product brand. You will also monitor market trends and conduct customer research to identify new opportunities and inform product development decisions. You will ensure that Labbit meets the target market needs while maintaining differentiation from the competition.
This role presents a unique opportunity as you will be the first Product Marketer at Semaphore. As the business grows, you will have the opportunity to help strategically build out the remainder of the marketing organization.
You will be marketing a product that is helping innovative companies make life-changing advances in the life sciences domain. To succeed in this role, you will need to proactively develop a deep understanding of the target market for the product, including the needs and pain points of potential customers in regulated life science laboratories. You are a skilled communicator and collaborator, and you practice empathy, objectivity and creativity in how you approach problem-solving. You bring product marketing experience at a strategic level, with past people leadership skills being an asset. This experience will enable you to confidently lead the development of new customer acquisition channels, craft Labbit’s product story, and help articulate the value of our new and innovative laboratory informatics platform to potential customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Life Sciences, Marketing or a related field
- Demonstrated success in developing new customer acquisition channels, from ideation to delivery
- Proven experience working with a complex product and bringing it to market – i.e. product marketing role, preferably in the technical or life sciences field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and explain complex, abstract and technical concepts
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of making data-informed marketing decisions
- Background in life sciences or aptitude for learning a technical domain on the job
- Ability to collaborate with a team to get things done, even if it’s not in the role description
- Working knowledge of tools like HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Ads, LinkedIn Marketing, and email campaign software to drive demand for the product and support the sales process
Nice to Haves
- Proven experience at an early-stage company transitioning through significant growth
- Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Marketing or a related field
What to Expect, Within One Month
- You’ll experience a company stand-up and enjoy (a virtual) lunch with the team
- You’ll become familiar with our collaboration tools (Slack, Aha, Google Workspace, and Confluence) and engage with our culture and channels
- Develop a deep understanding of the target market for the product
- Work closely with the Product Management and Sales teams to understand the product vision and how it differentiates from competitors
Within Three Months
- Collaborate with the Product Management and Sales teams to create compelling messaging, positioning, and content for the product
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies from that content
- Use tools like HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google Ads, LinkedIn Marketing, and email campaign software to start building Marketing Generated Pipeline
- Attend and participate in an event like BioIT, SLAS, or the AACC or AMP annual meetings
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by helping to strategically build out the remainder of the marketing organization
Within Six Months
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to drive demand for the product
- Collaborate with leadership to utilize quantitative metrics to inform strategic planning