Summary of Position Responsibility:
The incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of analyses using various analytical techniques and devices while assuring timelines and quality standards are met. All work done must adhere to the current good manufacturing practices (GMP), standard operating procedures (SOPs) and pharmacopoeias.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Ensure assigned task is clearly understood and what outcomes are expected prior to beginning an analysis;
- Respect the laboratory safety and hygiene rules;
- Conduct analyses in cooperation with colleagues to discuss related technical issues;
- Verify calculations and methods in lab records and logbooks to ensure that they match the analytical method and the customer’s specifications;
- Ensure vigilance of laboratory environment to ensure controls are in place for the proper maintenance of equipment and other tools required in good condition;
- Train new technicians, when applicable;
- Master the different analytical methods and techniques;
- Master device operations and make sure they are used efficiently;
- Respect the deadlines and project priorities as set by Team leads and department manager;
- Document and notify the supervisor of any unusual results, deviations, laboratory incidents or equipment malfunctions;
- Maintain all documentation relevant to each analytical process and related activity;
- Respect the SOPs, GMPs and pharmacopoeias related to performing the work;
- Maintain a high level of productivity and work quality;
- Organize work assignments to optimize time and device use;
- Exercise strong analytical judgment and know how to interpret the results / raw data;
- Ensure that the analytical data produced is congruent with requirements and verified;
- Actively help colleagues in other analytical investigations;
- Occasionally and without limitation, assume other duties that are assigned by the immediate supervisor but with mutual consent.
Undergraduate degree in science at a college level that is recognized in Québec (preferably in microbiology, biology or bio-chemistry) or any other relevant experience.
Requires skills and experience:
- At least one (1) to two (2) years of experience in a similar position.
- Self motivated;
- Good analytical judgment (critical thinking);
- Team worker;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Strong integrity, respectful and courteous;
- Able to learn quickly;
- Fully bilingual in verbal and written formats (French & English);
- Versatile and able to adapt;
- Detail oriented;
- Available to work weekends as required.
Soumettre une demande maintenant