For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
This Senior Information Security Architect will report directly to the Director, Information Security Engineering and Threat Intelligence. As an advanced skillset position, the information security architect provides expert guidance for addressing current security issues, but also the foresight to follow industry trends and proactively deliver optimal security solutions.
- Designing security solutions that protect business but allows the business to execute and innovate.
- Works closely with many diverse and dynamic teams, including, but not limited to security engineering, threat intelligence, security operations, security audit and compliance, security awareness, IT solutions, IT innovation, and end users.
- Architecting solutions to secure business-to-business initiatives, third-party relationships, outsourced solutions, and vendors.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Cyber Security Strategic Plan.
- Lead evaluation of and make recommendations for technical solutions to reduce risk.
- Develop policies and procedures to maintain a secure computing environment.
- Oversee data classification and protection of PII, PHI, and other regulated data.
- Provide mentoring and training to more junior staff.
- Help define information security policies and standards to ensure that the confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) of sensitive company information is achieved
- Ensure that the architecture of the network, applications and systems adheres to the information security policies and standards
- Help ensure that the IT department is properly interpreting and applying information security policies and standards with respect to the security architecture
- Drive security efficiencies to help ensure that maximum business benefit is gained from the expenditure of resources on information security.
- Work with management to help identify sensitive information, understand organizational security needs, and ensure the security architecture achieves the CIA of that information.
- Assess existing network, application, and system security controls with respect to the security architecture and propose enhancements as necessary.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related discipline or Master’s degree (M.B.A., M.S.)
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in IT and minimum of eight years in an information security role.
- Minimum of one-year experience with standard architecture and IT principles including ITIL and COBIT.
- Minimum of one-year experience performing security architecture work.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute
- for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Experience with one or more of the following: ISO 27001, NIST information security standards and frameworks, PCI DSS, HITECH, GDPR, Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2, and industry information security best practices.
- Experience in cloud computing technologies, including software, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private and hybrid environments.
- Able to handle complex problem resolution with minimal supervision.
- Experience performing security engineering work.
- Experience in information security risk assessment, audit, and IT security assessments.
- Experience administering information security programs including risk assessments and forensic research.
- Experience architecting SIEM systems, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, IDS/IPS, file integrity monitoring (FIM), data loss prevention (DLP) and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience with: Microsoft suite of products (Exchange, Office 365, Azure), AWS, SAP, Linux
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in U.S. English required.
- Fluency in French Canadian as a second language, preferred.
- IT security related certification (e.g., CISSP, CISA, GIAC, or similar professional certification) preferred.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Soumettre une demande maintenant