This Director, Corporate Programs position is an opportunity to be part of an exciting business venture at STEMCELL. We have an immediate opening for an experienced and senior level Director to lead a large scale, multi-million dollar program for the future STEMCELL Advanced Biologics Manufacturing Facility. If you’re intrigued, read on and apply without delay to see if you’re the one that we’re seeking.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Corporate Affairs, the Director is responsible for ensuring all elements of this large scale program are delivered to scope, budget and schedule over a multi-year implementation period. The program is core to enabling execution of STEMCELL’s overall operational strategic direction. In this leadership role, you will successfully deliver STEMCELL’s new manufacturing facility and all necessary organizational infrastructure while minimizing the impact to business continuity during the program period.
The Director is responsible for the overall delivery of the program and direct management of the program delivery team, including:
- Completion of the first phases of the Advanced Biologics Manufacturing Facility;
- Development and execution of the GMP product pipeline;
- Implementation of core IT systems, such as PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems);
- Maturing existing governance approach and rolling out additional program governance components;
- Refinement of core reporting capability and monitoring of the program’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); and,
- Monitoring budgets and reports to meet the financing requirements of the overall program.
This role is also responsible for leading stakeholder management and communication across multiple departments within the organization and with the government partners to effectively support the Managing Director, Corporate Affairs, Executive Sponsors and the Program Steering Committee in facilitating organizational change management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership for the successful delivery of all aspects of the program.
- Management of business requirements defined within scope, through effective leadership and ownership of all planning, budgeting and reporting for all program deliverables.
- Leadership of the program delivery team in providing a clear vision, objectives, and support in order to create a collaborative environment and to effectively execute the program work.
- Implement people-centric leadership capabilities and build a positive workplace culture within the program team; focus on developing skill sets, capabilities and tools, facilitating continuous improvements and ensuring the team is set-up for success for the delivery of all planned goals, milestones and activities.
- Responsible for stakeholder management and communication to facilitate the adoption of change initiatives across all business functions and locations, defining the program’s communication strategy and delivery of high level messaging to the management team.
- Effective use of various methods of verbal and written communications, including remote and face-to-face workshop environments to manage the multi-site nature of the organization.
- Responsible for stakeholder management of key senior partners including the Steering Committee made up of several members of STEMCELL’s Executive Team and government funding partners as required.
- Manage the interface with 3rd party consultants, ensuring work packages are delivered to specification based upon contracted agreements, while fostering a collaborative environment alongside the program delivery team and other internal stakeholders.
- Consultatively work with senior leaders and functional managers to encourage cross-functional collaboration, active engagement in business process capture, ownership of defined future process flow, and commitment to deliver on identified program benefits.
- Responsible for all process transition and training, including implementation support post ‘Go-Live’, to minimize business risk and to safeguard business continuity.
- Ensure future operations are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Refine, oversee and report on program success factors and KPIs; provide regular reporting and reviews to senior stakeholders up to Board level.
- Refine reporting as required to manage government funding.
- Minimum BSc degree and PMP certification or a combination of education and experience; change management certification is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading and managing large scale, multi-disciplinary facility programs.
- Broad knowledge of the planning, construction and fit out processes associated with facilities development.
- Advanced program management skills including effectiveness in planning and coordinating major programs from conceptual design through to fit out completion.
- Experience with managing program management and/or program delivery teams is preferred.
- Proven track record of managing programs and consistently meeting program scope, budget and time frame.
- Ability to develop, plan, schedule, track, monitor and report on program progress and KPIs; plan and execute corrective action as required.
- Comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to facilitate, influence and negotiate in order to reach consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management.
- Previous experience leading a growing team, ideally, experience being a manager of managers.
- Ability to question and not be satisfied with the status quo.
- Willingness to learn and assume new responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building capabilities.
- Able to foster an atmosphere of collaborative teamwork among direct and indirect staff.
- High emotional intelligence in leading people.
- Self-motivated and independent work ethic — a self starter who has a reputation for being a creator.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Adaptable within a growing and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Confident, results-oriented.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.Soumettre une demande maintenant