BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for an Upstream Production Manager. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Windsor, NS.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical leadership and hands-on technology development for existing product development projects.
- Controlling fermentation processes from start-up to shutdown, isolating and preparing process units for production, cleaning or maintenance.
- Operating manual, electronic, pneumatic or computerized equipment to monitor and optimize process quality and efficiency in the fermentation of drug products.
- Scheduling and planning manufacturing operations to achieve project goals.
- Providing regular process updates to internal or external project stakeholders.
- Creating and revising Batch Production Records or other related SOPs for precise match to process requirements and equipment capabilities.
- Managing the Fermentation Production Team.
- Engaging in cross-functional project teams and technology networks.
- Offering expert advice in troubleshooting equipment or processes and engaging required assets as required.
- Assuming primary accountability for managing laboratory fermentation assets.
- Acting as the site Biological Safety Officer.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Masters or B.Sc. in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Bio-Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience in a production environment working with fermenter and other biopharmaceutical equipment.
- Experience in fermentation process development.
- Experience with pharmaceutical products and development and cGMP practices.
- Working in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and communicate in a dynamic, project driven team environment.
- Experience creating and maintaining project timelines; developing and executing a process development strategy.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button below.
Closing Date: December 15, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.