STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
The Technician, Assembly and Kitting will work as part of the Distribution team to complete all related tasks for the final product assembly, packaging and labeling to prepare products for warehousing and/or distribution to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble, label and package product components, in-process materials and finished goods
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure products specifications and tolerance levels are met
- Identify, set up and operate applicable equipment
- Identify and monitor equipment operation problems and notify equipment maintenance technician as required
- Provides feedback or actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives related to the operation
- Flexible in changing from assigned tasks without diminishing the quality of the products working on
- Provide occasional support to Distribution Operations by performing shipping packaging and inventory cycle counting tasks.
- A high school diploma, with up to 3 years of experience in product assembly, packaging and dispensing or equivalent education and experience
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical or the food packaging industry would be an asset
- Physical ability to lift 25 - 30 pounds, requiring manual dexterity and versatility.
- Knowledgeable on quality systems such as ISO 13485. cGMP experience a definite asset
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others and be able to work in a team
- Ability to follow written instructions, standard operating procedures, and pre-defined guidelines to execute and perform the functions of the job.
- Demonstrate attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work in a cold room for a period of time
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, production environment
- Shift work and over-time may be required
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply here.