Manage Scientific Staff
· Assisting in the development and communication of company goals and strategy.
· Acting as an expert by providing sound technical expertise to the technical staff.
· Reviewing the technical weekly reports and final reports.
· Mentoring technical staff and motivating the team.
· Identifying and recruiting talented scientists for the company.
· Performance management and career development.
· Championing the technologies upgrade.
· Working with scientists to maintain standards for all laboratory records, internal reports, and external communications.
· Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve workflow performance.
· Serving on the Quality Management System Committee.
· Following the safety rules and housekeeping principles to maintain a clean and safe working environment in the laboratories.
Customer Satisfaction and Business Development
· Attending and/or presenting at weekly teleconferences with clients.
· Providing sound technical expertise to clients.
· Developing technical scope of work.
· About 15% of time for international and domestic travel is expected to meet with clients for face to face project discussions.
· Attending trade shows as technical representative of the company.
· Supporting the business development team technically.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.