Education & Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or equivalent with at least 3+ years post-doctoral training or experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Industry experience delivering biomarker strategy and project execution including demonstrated ability to develop robust assays used for decision-making
- Demonstrated track record of success as evidenced by scientific accomplishments and publications
- Expertise in Immuno-oncology research; experience with antibody therapeutics required
- Experience as representative on company biosafety team
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a biotech/entrepreneurial drug-discovery environment.
- Strength in collaboration; able to work effectively across company and academic settings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading the translational project strategy to deliver antibody candidates with a differentiated target product profile. Staying abreast of latest scientific and competitive developments around targets and disease biology and applying that knowledge to project strategy
- Defining and managing project timelines and workplans. This will include identifying and addressing critical questions that underpin project decision making
- Defining the biomarker strategy to support clinical development including patient stratification, target modulation/coverage and demonstrating mechanism of action. Using this information to drive the pre-clinical assessment.
- Establishing robust biomarker assay development and execution of experiments to demonstrate antibody activity in these assays
- Ensuring scientific excellence on the project by providing high quality in vitro and in vivo pharmacology data to test the therapeutic hypothesis
- Leading and mentoring scientists; facilitating their contributions to the team, the company, and career development. Contributing to a culture that values continuous learning and development.
- Member of the company biosafety team ensuring appropriate SOPs and procedures are in place and ensuring company compliance with relevant legislation.