Education & Qualifications:
BSc in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 to 8 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced experiments and provides support to research programs and projects.
- Analyzes and reviews data, draws conclusions and makes recommendations for future investigations.
- Troubleshoots methods and suggests novel and impactful changes.
- Writes procedures for methods requiring significant technical understanding, data manipulation and calculations. Identifies opportunities to improve existing methods and develop new technologies for project advancement.
- Participates in study design. Plans experiments to advance program.
- Prepares written reports and analysis of complex experiments.
- May participate in cross-departmental activities and present data.
- Provides technical guidance to project staff. May review work of team members for thoroughness and completeness.
- May contribute to co-authorship or author scientific papers.
- Seeks to understand ongoing projects through attention to scientific literature, industry publications and internally generated data and employs this understanding to improve contribution to project goals.
- Maintains a clean, organized and operational lab.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships across the organization.