Education & Qualifications:
BSc in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 to 8 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced experiments following established methods.
- Applies knowledge of scientific methodologies, techniques, processes and procedures in conducting more technically demanding analyses. Troubleshoots methods and suggests novel and impactful changes to methods.
- Plans out next set of experiments to be performed in order to properly advance program.
- Documents raw and analyzed data. Independently interprets results and presents to team.
- Prepares written reports and analysis of complex experiments.
- May provide advanced technical guidance.
- Reviews work of team members for thoroughness and completeness.
- Seeks to understand ongoing projects through extensive attention to scientific literature and internally generated data.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, neat, organized and operational lab.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- May co-author or author scientific papers.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.