Education & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical product development or manufacturing with focus on late-stage product development and commercialization.
- BS degree in chemistry, pharmaceutics, engineering or related field; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Project Management certification or equivalent experience desirable.
- 2+ years of management experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a pharmaceutical product development environment, including project or program management, preferably with projects at full development and registration stage.
- Experience of managing complex projects involving multidisciplinary teams and ideally collaboration with third parties successfully
- Experienced in matrix management
- Demonstrated ability to forecast revenue, work plan estimates, and resource utilization across projects. A demonstrated ability to successfully meet and achieve goals and objectives with consideration of budget and time schedules for projects of appropriate scope and complexity.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects of complex nature and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated use of effective communication, influencing and negotiation skills with a wide variety of audiences, including senior management, to facilitate successful project implementation and effective issue resolution.
- Basic understanding of intellectual property principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of project planning software particularly MS Project and Excel.
- Understanding of technical areas outside of formal training (e.g. formulation, manufacturing – including GLP/GMP – clinical, regulatory, quality, business and contracts management) at a level sufficient to lead project teams and interact with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Senior Project Manager
- Creates and manages (initiate, plan, execute, control, close) project plans utilizing project management tools based on project goals as stated in the technical proposal and input from business development.
- Defines resource requirements; assembles project team; creates functional project sub-teams.
- Leads the project team. Delegates roles and responsibilities appropriately among project team members. Motivates team members. Facilitates conflict resolution, decision-making, and risk mitigation within the project team and sub-teams.
- Leads meetings between internal and customer project teams.
- Communicates project status, risk, financials and changes to Evonik and Customer stakeholders. Advocates for project internally to Evonik management and functional groups.
- Writes SoWs and change orders.
- Provides monthly and annual forecasts of current and potential project revenues to aid controlling and senior management in preparing corporate financial goals and estimating operating budgets.
- Ensures the project as executed adheres to the terms of the contract. Translates contract terms to project execution. Maintains awareness of contract provisions for assigned project; interacts with the legal group.
- Participates in the development of agreements and contract terms related to project requirements
- Drives development of intellectual property by project team members. Monitors project activities to ensure appropriate protection for confidential information and intellectual property; interacts with legal group and senior staff members as necessary
- other duties as assigned