Education & Qualifications:
- Exceptional PhD with relevant experience in translational/biomarker research.
- Demonstrated excellence in oncology and/or fibrosis research through a track record of high impact publications.
- Experience in biomarker development in the pharmaceutical industry or academia.
- Demonstrated success in the integration of preclinical research and clinical drug development.
- Experience with TGF-beta and/or other growth factor pathway inhibitors is a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop fit-for-purpose biomarker assays to measure responses to oncology and fibrosis therapeutics.
- Work closely with Clinical Research teams, Discovery Teams, Collaborators and CROs to develop and test hypotheses that could determine which patients are likely to respond.
- Maintain expertise in the field of relevant biology as it pertains to biomarker discovery and patient outcomes, through keeping abreast of literature, attending relevant meetings, and liaison with external experts in the field.
- Work with contract research organizations and co-ordinate activities and timelines with Development teams to ensure seamless execution of biomarker capabilities to support clinical trials
- Contribute to reports, regulatory submissions and presentations.
- Provide scientific and technical support for multidisciplinary project teams.
- Support pre-clinical research toward developing next generation cancer and fibrosis therapeutics.