Education & Qualifications:
Requires a PhD in a scientific discipline (Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular or Cellular Biology or related field), and a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related experience (may include post-doctoral experience).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out in silico protein engineering efforts to produce new scaffolds and new therapeutic molecules.
- Performs research and feasibility studies into proposed protein-engineering projects.
- Designs expression constructs for antibody and protein production.
- Plans and develops purification and assay protocols.
- Participates in the development of plans, schedules and costs of assigned projects/programs.
- Liaises with laboratory personnel and CRO staff to follow-up on the protein expression and screening for biophysical and bioactivity of the engineered molecules.
- Prepares reports on assigned projects for internal and external use, makes presentations to team and contributes to technical journals.
- Participates in the preparation of patents and publications.
- Checks, organizes, analyzes and reports data produced. Prepares reports, documents and dossiers.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
- Brings innovation and ideas to leverage new and existing technologies within the group.