BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Research Scientist, Analytical Chemistry. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Carrying out literature searches to evaluate currently known analytical methods and preparing analytical research and development plans
- Assisting in project evaluations and with pro forma costing of custom projects
- Developing and validating modern analytical methodologies applying high pressure liquid chromatography: gas chromatography, ultraviolet spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy, etc.
- Maintaining, calibrating and troubleshooting analytical equipment
- Completing paperwork for the release of materials, including status labels and certificates of analysis
- Writing quality control procedures, cGMP protocols and reports
- Transferring technology to technical staff, as a member of the project team working effectively with both the R&D and Quality Control groups
- Preparing purified analytical standards
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- B.Sc. in chemistry with minimum 2 years analytical chemistry experience
- Knowledge of analytical methodology including: IR, UV, NMR GC, HPLC, KF, SDS-PAGE and protein assay methods
- Working knowledge of computer software including WordPerfect, spreadsheets, chemical drawing software as well as the ability to perform online chemical database searches.
- Experience in bioanalytical chemistry considered an asset
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines and regulatory requirements for API’s and drug products considered an asset
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, communication and problem-solving skills
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by visiting our website www.biovectra.com and choosing the “Apply Now” button below .
Closing Date: April 21, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.