Education & Qualifications:
Requires a BSc in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs routine experiments following established procedures and practices. May suggest novel changes to methods.
- Plans out next set of experiments to be performed in order to properly advance program and seeks input from supervisor.
- Documents raw and analyzed data. May independently interpret results.
- Prepares written reports and analysis of experiments for internal and external use, makes presentations to team.
- Seeks to understand ongoing projects through attention to scientific literature and internally generated data.
- Maintains lab and performs routine duties in order to keep laboratory clean, neat and in efficient operational order.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- May contribute to co-authorship of scientific papers
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees and management.