BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing support activities in the QC lab, which will include chemical inventory management, organizing and cleaning glassware, equipment and workspaces.
- Performing instrument calibrations and basic-level preventative and reparative maintenance on equipment such as balances and pipettes
- Maintaining accurate, real-time records of all laboratory activities.
- Performing required calculations, by hand or with use of spreadsheets or validated computer systems.
- Ensuring the correct status labeling of reagents and instrumentation in the QC laboratory.
- Teamwork and collaboration with stakeholders in the QC department in the execution of job activities.
- Data entry and trending using Excel or other computerized systems as required.
- Additional duties assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- A Chemical Technology diploma or equivalent, or university-level coursework in a scientific discipline.
- School or work experience working with analytical instrumentation in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word an asset. Must be comfortable working with computers.
- Flexible work hours required, evening or weekend shifts may be scheduled.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.