Halifax Regional Municipality, NS | Accounting and Finance | Experienced | Full-time
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance the Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for arranging the purchase of raw materials, supplies and services for the company (both laboratory and administrative purchases). They will interact daily with suppliers regarding; pricing, distribution capabilities and delivery scheduling as well with internal personnel to obtain order details and required approvals. The Purchasing Coordinator performs all duties related to purchase order entry and post-entry supply chain tracking. This position will also support the finance department in other activities when required.
- Post, proof, maintain and submit company-wide purchase orders based on internal requests, stock replenishment and management direction with accuracy.
- Maintain superior level of accuracy while creating and verifying purchase order information including proper product costing, shipping instructions etc.
- Obtain all required approvals according to established purchase limits
- Routine purchase order review, follow-up and expediting order when necessary
- Work closely with the Accounting Associate to ensure purchase orders are coded appropriately to Immunovaccine’s chart of accounts
- Work order tracking
- Support clinical trial budgeting activities
- Review and resolve supplier invoice discrepancies when notified by the Accounting Associate
- Update and maintain financial records
- Maintain stock levels of supplies
- Support the Director of Finance with preparation of quarterly financial statements
Qualifications you must posess to be considered for this role:
- Completed or in-progress degree or certificate in Accounting
- 1- 3 years experience in a purchasing role
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts specifically accounts payable and project costing
- Experience with spreadsheets and accounting software (Simply accounting/Sage Accounting/Intacct)
Preferred Qualifications for this role:
- Laboratory purchasing experience
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Data Entry
- Highly Orgainized
- Stong interpersonal skills
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
Strong Science Needs Bright Minds
At Immunovaccine, we have high standards. And even higher aspirations.
Our drug candidates are helping us build on this promise. Our technology provides the tools that underscore this mission. And our people are the heart of our operation–the ultimate value-drivers upon which we, as a Company, rest.
We Work Better Together.
Curing diseases-especially the ones that continue to evade and outpace even the brightest minds in our industry-is hard work. Despite the intensity and ferocity of our business, the one thing we do not have to worry about is the morale and the spirit of our people. We work hard and we play hard. Our people enjoy our drive, our mission and the road less traveled here in Halifax. As it turns out, that does make all the difference.
We aim high with our mission, so we expect high performance from our people. Whether you are evaluating T cell responses, coordinating clinical operations with our partners, or working with our investor base, we depend on you to help realize the full value of our organization. In turn, we value you, and what you can bring to our Company. We support you in enjoying life fully while working towards your professional goals. Above all, we cultivate the camaraderie that is the hallmark of our corporate culture.
Happy Employees Produce Strong Results.
Talk to us about joining the Immunovaccine team.
Work With Us
Our head office is on Summer Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia and we have an office in Quebec City, Quebec. This role will work out of our Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The normal work week is 35 hours, core hours being 9 am – 5 pm. This role will very occasionally see weekend work and/ or extended hours depending on the project underway at the time. You will spend most of your time sitting in an office environment.
Salary and Benefits:
This will be a salaried position. Please indicate clearly on your application your desired salary for this role.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. Immunovaccine offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, annual bonuses and cost of living increases to eligible employees.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the “Apply Now” button.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role, and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered until the competition close date of March 23rd 2018 at midnight.
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
** The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check before their start date.
Immunovaccine Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to making immunotherapy more effective, more broadly applicable, and more widely available to people facing cancer and infectious diseases. Immunovaccine develops cancer immunotherapies and infectious disease vaccines based on the Company’s DepoVax™ platform, a patented delivery agent that provides controlled and prolonged exposure of antigens and adjuvant to the immune system. Immunovaccine has advanced two T cell activation therapies for cancer through Phase 1 human clinical trials and is currently conducting a Phase 1b study with Incyte Corporation assessing lead cancer therapy, DPX-Survivac, as part of a triple combination therapy in ovarian cancer, as well as a Phase 2 study in recurrent lymphoma. The Company is also advancing an infectious disease pipeline, including innovative vaccines for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and currently has clinical projects ongoing to assess the potential of DepoVax™ to address malaria and the Zika virus. (Connect at www.imvaccine.com.)
Apply Now: https://jobs.alongside.com/apply/1135573?utm_source=CareerBeacon&utm_med...