This position reports directly to the Director of Project Development and works collaboratively with the project team, including Project Managers, other Officers, coordinators, accounting, marketing, outreach and business development.
BioTalent Canada is a national non-profit organization of innovators and thought leaders who assess and address the Human Resource needs of Canada’s bio-economy. BioTalent Canada anticipates needs and creates new opportunities, delivering human resources tools, information and skills development to ensure the industry has access to the most skilled people available. It accomplishes this by working with its Corporate Members, Partners, volunteers and government departments who support and fund specific short and long-term HR projects. BioTalent Canada has built a reputation as a leader in relationship-building, credibility, innovation and excellence in Canada’s bio-economy.
- Assist with the development of the overall plan for each deliverable across several projects
- Develop, coordinate, communicate, and monitor specific wage subsidy project activities to meet the overall project schedule
- Track milestones and monitor subsidy budgets
- Proactively identify challenges/risks and develop plans to mitigate project delays
- Provide regularly scheduled progress updates and forecast results to the Director of Project Development and the project team
- Prioritize tasks while working on several projects simultaneously
- Work closely with Outreach, Marketing and Communications for the dissemination of all wage subsidy project messaging
- Assist in the preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assist with other project deliverables as required
Knowledge & Skills:
- Post-secondary education: graduation from a related college or university discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience coordinating projects /programs, preferably in public or not-for profit environment
- Experience with projects dealing with education, research or training
- Functional bilingualism is definitely preferred
- Advanced business writing skills
- Proven track-record of individual achievement within a high-performing team
- Able to function efficiently in an environment with competing priorities and diverse deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
- Strong performance record for project deliverables, best practices and strict deadlines
- Ability to work without supervision, to pay attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of Windows environment and Microsoft products
- Previous experience using CRM software is a definite asset
- A strong orientation towards customer service
- Experience/Knowledge of Canadian biotech or science industry is a definite asset
- Knowledge of Human Resource Industry and/or practices is a definite asset
- It is critical that the successful candidate be an affable team player with a positive attitude and excellent sense of humour
- A solid oral and written communicator which can be attested to by past managers, colleagues, and clients
- A performer who is not scared of targets and takes personal gratification in meeting and exceeding them and has a successful track record in this regard
- Ability to pay attention to detail and problem solve
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with persons, organizations, and agencies pertinent to BioTalent Canada’s goals
- Enhanced presentation skills
Interested individuals may apply WITH A LETTER OF INTRODUCTION and CV to: email@example.com. Applicants who do not supply both a letter of introduction and CV will NOT be given further consideration.
BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from ALL qualified candidates.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.