BioTalent Canada is a national non-profit organization of innovators and thought leaders who assess and address the Human Resource needs of Canada’s bio-economy. BioTalent Canada delivers human resources tools, information and skills development to ensure the industry has access to the most skilled people available. It accomplishes this by working with its Corporate Members, Partners, volunteers and government departments who support and fund specific short and long-term HR projects.
BioTalent Canada has built a reputation as a leader in relationship-building, credibility, innovation and excellence in Canada’s bio-economy.
BioTalent Canada has an opening for a full-time Project Assistant on a 6-month contract.
Reporting directly to the Project Officer, the position is a support role to ensure smooth and timely project completion. The candidate will see projects through from the application intake to closing phases. This is a 6-month contract at 37.5 hours per week with the possibility of extension.
- Administration of wage subsidy application intake and document screening to ensure complete packages are received
- Follow up on missing documentation making certain the process is completed on time
- Maintain project tracking sheets and enter program details into the CRM database
- Prepare wage subsidy contracts, manage receipt of signed copies and other application documents
- Keep track of activities and timelines
- Monitor program participants and employers throughout their placements
- Follow up with employers for post placement results
- Problem solve by identifying issues and making recommendations when necessary
- Accurately maintain records and contact stakeholders for missing information
- Create and maintain filing systems
- Assist with other project deliverables as required
Knowledge & Skills:
- Some post-secondary education in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience assisting with business projects in a corporate environment
- B2B experience preferred
- Functional bilingualism is a definite asset
- Able to function efficiently in an environment with competing priorities and diverse deliverables
- Demonstrated understanding of project deliverables, best practices and strict deadlines
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to work as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
- Orientation towards customer service
- Familiarity with CRM software a definite asset
- A sense of humour, strong team participation and client service skills
- Ability to self-manage, think creatively
- Confidence in ownership of tasks and requires minimal supervision
- Pro-active, self-starter, critical thinker
- Relationship-builder, team player
- Ability to pay attention to detail and problem solve
- Effective time management and communication skills, ability to prioritize
- Works well under pressure and ability to meet competing deadlines
- Sound judgement
Interested individuals may apply WITH A LETTER OF INTRODUCTION and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not supply both a letter of introduction and CV will NOT be given further consideration.
BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from ALL qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.