STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
The Program Coordinator, Particle Chemistry supports the Senior Scientist (Team Lead) and the Particle Chemistry Team. This position will be responsible to coordinate activities, processes and projects which support overall team objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage email correspondence, meetings, teleconferences, and webinars related to team activities and resolve scheduling conflicts. Prepare and distribute meeting materials.
- Coordinate projects related to team objectives, including tracking and following up on timelines and deliverables, progress reports, action items and data management.
- Collaborate closely with project managers to help communicate project scope, priorities, deliverables, tasks and resources.
- Prepare, review and edit a wide variety of technical and non-technical documentation, including meeting minutes, presentation materials, reports and project plans.
- Compile, organize and manage technical data to ensure that it is accurate and easily accessible to team members.
- Directly interact with team members to ensure projects are progressing and present updates to the team lead and at team meetings as necessary.
- Provide administration support to team operations, including activities related to budgets, chemical inventory, equipment procurement and recruitment.
- Manage information for active grants and collaborations, including budgets, timelines, correspondence and general administration.
- Manage conferences and abstract deadlines for team as needed.
- Perform scientific literature and patent searches and conduct web-based technical research.
- Provides other duties as required.
- Minimum BSc degree in a life science such as chemistry, biochemistry or biology. Experience in the field of nanoparticle chemistry research is an asset.
- Relevant administrative and project management experience supporting a team within a research environment or biotechnology company is preferred.
- Additional courses, certifications, or on the job experience in project management principles would be a distinct advantage.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, multitask and work independently in a fast-paced, positive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and initiate improvements in operational procedures to enhance efficiency; exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Productivity tools.
- Experience in using advanced features of spreadsheets to organize, manage and analyze large amounts of data.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a proven ability to contribute to a positive working environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply here