BioVectra Inc. is a contract manufacturing company proudly located in Atlantic Canada, and recognized as one of the top employers in the region. With three well-established locations in Prince Edward Island, BioVectra has expanded operations to a new facility in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
As a contract manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, BioVectra works on innovative projects with companies from around the globe, and we need highly skilled individuals like you to improve and perfect both new and established microbial and chemical processes. Whether you are a recent graduate looking to transition and grow your skills in the workforce, or an experienced professional in your field looking for a new career opportunity, your skills and education will make you an invaluable member of our team as we start up operations and grow our business in Nova Scotia.
BioVectra Inc. has multiple available positions for Production Technicians. These are permanent, full-time positions located in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Hands-on operation of physical and automated equipment to perform Microbial Fermentations and Purifications.
- Controlling processes from start-up to shutdown, including unit operations of microbial growth, expression, recovery, filtration, and purification.
- Providing feedback to their manager on recommendations for procedural and process improvements.
- Performing in-process testing, including pH, conductivity, spectrophotometry, osmometry, densometry, etc.
- Writing manufacturing work instructions, training procedures, departmental procedures, and SOPs.
- Writing and assembling commissioning packages or Turn over Packages, and qualifications for utilities and equipment.
- Commissioning test functions and qualification documents for manufacturing and lab equipment, utilities, and systems.
- Actively participating in BioVectra's quality management system by complying with safety requirements, GMP/GDP guidelines, and SOPs for handling hazardous materials and manufacturing documentation.
- Performing general warehousing, material staging and preparation, cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- Preparing production equipment for maintenance/service/changeover.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Post-secondary diploma in an applicable area of study, or minimum two years direct work experience in a field related to GMP BioPharma.
- Industrial experience in a pharma and GMP facility an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts, required to use a respirator, and able to lift up to 25 kg.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by following the link below, or by sending their application to BVI-HR@biovectra.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.