Education & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience in procurement/purchasing, preferably in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry
- GMP knowledge would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient in time management
- Strong multitasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review purchase requisitions from various department to ensure compliance with procurement process. Issue purchase order, forward to supplier, and place applicable order.
- Communicate order details to suppliers. Follow-up on existing orders and provide status updates to requestors as needed.
- Maintain good relationship with major suppliers. Identify new or alternative source of suppliers. Negotiating the terms and pricing, and other relevant terms of order
- Resolving order discrepancies and where required, arranging for return of goods.
- Maintain good record keeping practices for purchase documents.
- Assist Accounting and Operation staffs with order reconciliation and cost analysis, as needed.
- Carry out duties associated with material managing, maintain inventory levels, document department transactions, etc.
- Work with lab supervisor and office administrator to maintain sufficient supplies in stock.
- Work with other departments to ensure the process materials are available according to the production schedule.