LivaNova transforms technology into meaningful solutions by investing in product innovation that improves patient outcomes and is global, accessible, relevant, and breakthrough. LivaNova’s business units – Cardiac Surgery (CS) and Neuromodulation (NM) – have the people, skills, and drive to embrace new technologies and explore opportunities that advance patient care across the globe. As part of our team of 4500 employees worldwide, your unique skills and contributions will help more than 5,000 hospitals provide the latest cardiovascular care in over 100 countries. The company is rapidly growing and supporting that growth with an increasing focus on Operational Excellence. Our Burnaby Plant is focused on the production and delivery of bioprosthetic heart valves for valve replacement surgery worldwide.
- Lead and support Process and Equipment Engineers in the design, development, maintenance and improvement of production processes.
- Collaborate with the Production Manager of each Value Stream to ensure the achievement of production objectives (product cost, labor time, yield, lead time) by promoting the efficiency and flexibility of production processes and the reduction of waste.
- Promotes the improvement of reliability and quality of the production processes through rigorous methods of analysis.
- Maintain the validation of production processes within each Value Stream.
- Leads the Process Engineering team to complete the actions resulting from Quality Issues and CAPAs.
- Lead the Equipment Maintenance and Calibration team to define maintenance and improvement plans for production equipment and to carry out maintenance and calibration to schedule.
- Collaborate with the Research & Development department in the definition of projects for the development, implementation and validation of new processes and products.
- Leads the implementation and maintenance of the MES system in production.
- Performs direct supervision of the Process Engineering team including assigning work and evaluating performance; reviewing procedures and ensuring compliance.
- Collaborates in maintaining safe working conditions and works to improve workplace safety and environmental conditions.
- Coordinates the activities and projects assigned to the Process Engineering team, ensuring the efficient use of the company's personnel to achieve the objectives.
- Lead projects to deliver requirements on time and budget, ensuring that KPIs are achieved to schedule.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Biomedical or Chemical Engineering)
- At least 10 years of experience in a regulated engineering field
- Ability to drive change and influence people, preferably with management experience
- Registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with Engineers & Geoscientists BC
- Background experience in successful project completion, product introduction and transfer of design into production. Experience with DFMA.
- Background in Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, or Chemical Sterilization Processing is preferred
- Good knowledge of GMP Quality System Regulations/ FDA regulatory requirements and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Demonstrable analytical & problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable Project Management skills. PMP Certification is an asset
- Strong leadership skills, a confident and effective decision maker
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
To apply for this position please follow the link below: