Education & Qualifications:
Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification and a minimum 5 years’ multi-site payroll experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and processes bi-monthly payroll for employees, reviews and ensures accuracy of approved timesheets, tracks and deducts all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Liaises with Human Resources to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data including preparation and distribution of detailed reports.
- Ensures compliance with CRA, IRS and other regulatory bodies.
- Provides manual cheques and any other required forms such as ROE’s accurately and on time.
- Calculates and submits WorkSafeBC quarterly remittances and reviews Workers Compensation remittances for the State of Washington.
- Remits scheduled payments to relevant 3rd party benefit plans, pensions, garnishees, etc.
- Oversees employee expense reports and processes payments on a bi-monthly basis, responds to inquiries regarding expense reports from employees.
- Prepares monthly and year-end payroll and account reconciliations.
- Reconciles payroll source deductions for T4 purposes, including the production of T4s and US equivalent.
- Responds to inquiries from employees regarding payroll and tax related issues in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Maintains accurate records of payroll-affecting employee benefits elections.
- Assists Finance with accounts payable data entry.
- Assists with special projects, as assigned and other duties, as appropriate and required.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.