STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 950 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for providing logistical support for the movement, storage, control of sales, marketing and conference related materials. The position is primarily responsible for the performance of import and export documentation as well as shipping and receiving tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Packages and processes shipping of materials as required. Communicates effectively with couriers (Fedex, UPS, Transgroup etc...)
• Prepares import and export documentation for shipments.
• Selects, identifies and packages outbound materials as scheduled for interoffice transfers, where and when required.
• Monitors storage space capacity available and if issues, communicates to the logistics group (material handling and distribution) for transfer options either to inter-branch or off-site facilities
• Direct contact for customs with regards to order inquiries into and out of Canada.
• Assists with printing and inventory of marketing collateral.
• Complies with C-TPAT and Safety requirements
• Helps maintain an organized shipping and receiving area.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply online at https://jobs.stemcell.com/