STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
The Manufacturing Technologist is an integral member of the team who is responsible for manufacturing specialty cell culture media, cell separation products and immunological reagents. This individual will work collaboratively with STEMCELL’s Quality Control, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance departments to effectively produce and deliver high quality products to our customers.
The Ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, organization skills, and attention to detail, and also looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. The Manufacturing department is a team based environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, rewarded and where each individual carry tremendous responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, set up and operate production equipment required in the manufacture of products, including bioreactors and purification equipment, and chemical synthesis reactors
- Follow written procedures to manufacture assigned products maintaining the required quality
- Seek to understand priorities and complete work in a timely manner
- Participate, as required, in continuous improvement projects to improve efficiencies within manufacturing
- Follow SOP (standard operating procedures), guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met
- Conduct daily monitoring, calibration and routine maintenance of equipment used
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all processes performed
- Follow all quality assurance (QA) policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Create an environment of safe behavior and Right First Time mindset
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required
- BSc in one of life sciences (ie. Biochemistry, Chemistry, Cell biology) or equivalent degree
- Experience with cell culture, bioreactors and particles synthesis definite assets
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications (for example, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Visio, Access and Project)
- Knowledgeable on quality systems such as ISO 13485. cGMP experience a definite asset
- Depth of experience with cell culture, bioreactors and particles synthesis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance speed and accuracy requirements
- Ability to lift 25 to 30lbs in the cold room environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Exposure to Lean Principles a definite asset
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply here