LIVANOVA is a global medical device company and a leader in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. LivaNova operates as three business franchises: Cardiac Surgery, Neuromodulation and Cardiac Rhythm Management, Our Burnaby Plant focuses on one main therapeutic area and that is the production of bioprosthetic heart valves for heart valve replacement surgery.
This position requires a motivated and self-directed individual to perform preventative maintenance, design, fabrication, and repair of the facility’s custom and manufacturing equipment. It is essential that the incumbent is confident working under pressure and has outstanding communication skills.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair of equipment and complete all necessary documentation
- Develop and/or assist in developing preventative maintenance standards and methods for equipment
- Develop procedures, coordinate training and train operators in the safe use and selected maintenance activities of manufacturing and inspection equipment
- Assist Quality Assurance in investigating problems related to equipment performance
- Assist engineers in a new product development by assembling prototypes and providing feedback
- Understand and comply with applicable city, municipal and federal building, plumbing and electrical codes
- Technical Degree or Diploma (mechanical, electrical etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of preventative maintenance experience in a regulated field
- Maintenance, design and fabrication of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Working knowledge of data acquisition and analysis
- Ability to interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, process schematics and technical manuals
- Detail oriented, able to work under pressure in a highly regulated environment.
- Clear understanding of lockout procedures and chemical hazards
- Strong computer skills, experience with CMMS an asset
- Machine shop skills including CNC, basic machining
- Light fabrication skills preferred
- Preference for a working knowledge of equipment/process control ideally by PLC and NI LabView
To apply for this position please see the career section at www.sorin.com