Education & Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Plant, Agricultural, Horticultural, Biological Sciences or related Science plus relevant experience
- Education/experience in business is an asset
- Software and Microsoft Office proficiency, strong communication skills, and ability to multitask at a high level
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply technical and industrial knowledge of crop, plant or related biological sciences to agriculture/agri-food problems concerned with power and machinery, electrification, structures, soil and water conservation, and processing of agricultural products.
- Follow trends and sector-/industry-specific news sources
- Assess the application of sensing, measuring, and recording devices and instrumentation to study such problems as effects of temperature, humidity, and light, on plants or animals, or relative effectiveness of different methods of applying crop protection and soil supplement products.
- Examine client operations and processes to determine appropriate methodology to cost those activities and the methods to maximize those incentives.
- Assess R&D expenditures, time and activities involved within all of the projects
- Assess go-to-market strategies, product development plans, regulatory considerations, and process innovation of agricultural products.
- Support Analyst Team efforts in the assessment of business plans for clients and other strategic documents as required, including market/industry/financial analysis.
- Active participation in all discussions that may arise with the Analyst Team
- Participate in business development activities to enhance Bioenterprise’s presence, exposure and engagement in Ontario and across Canada through development of MOUs, strategic network, and client base.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships, including clients, strategic partners, government, etc.
- Resource scoping, development, and maintenance for internal and/or external use
- Adhere to government stakeholder reporting requirements.
- Execute other responsibilities or tasks not yet defined but germane to the role and its evolution