Spartan Bioscience is a leading biotech / biotechnology company in Ottawa, Ontario with a point-of-care medical device platform for DNA diagnostics. Spartan is seeking an organized and meticulous Design Sustaining Technician to join Spartan’s team.
Do you want to work on something that really matters? Spartan is bringing rapid, portable DNA testing to the world. Our sample-to-result technology enables unprecedented portability and convenience in applications such as infectious disease, pharmacogenetics, and food and water safety testing. Rapid DNA results improve lives. We need your help to make this world a reality.
The Design Sustaining group is looking for a highly motivated and meticulous technician to join our dynamic and collaborative group focused on long-term support of Spartan’s sample-to-result DNA products. The core purpose of this role is to support the team with lab related activities to allow the group to ensure continued operation and maintenance of Spartan’s systems with managed risk. This position reports to the VP of Engineering and receives work instruction from all engineers and scientists within the group.
In your cover letter state how your previous experience and personal qualities make you the perfect candidate for the responsibilities listed below.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing a wide variety of molecular biology techniques and product performance tests following established study protocols or SOPs.
- Developing new procedures and create study protocols for testing requirements.
- Contributing to the identification and implementation of process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Helping the transfer of new products and materials to production and train operators to new manufacturing procedures.
- Executing assigned tasks to a high standard and provide reliable, high quality data that the group can trust for making decisions.
- Assisting with the generation and updating relevant documentation including SOPs and part specifications.
- Extracting, integrating, compiling and tabulating data, and reporting results to supervisors.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and high-functioning working environment
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- University (BSc or MSc) or College degree in Biological Sciences.
- At least two years wet lab experience performing molecular biology procedures including real-time PCR.
- Prior work experience in biotechnology production environment or medical device company is preferred.
- Proficient with basic laboratory techniques, including dilutions and concentration calculations. High attention to detail and accurate pipetting skills required.
- Strong theoretical and practical (hands-on) experience in various standard nucleic acids laboratory procedures, especially real-time PCR.
- Strong commitment to achieving the highest quality results.
- Efficient organizing and planning daily activities.
- Excellent analytical decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient at carrying out assignments with minimum supervision once trained.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of adjusting to dynamic working environment and changing priorities, while ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email) and ability to learn new software.
To apply for this position, visit: https://spartanbio.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4