STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 950 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
The Data Analyst is responsible for data analysis, reporting and warehousing, in addition to being engaged in all aspects of the different business areas within STEMCELL. You will also be responsible for providing actionable data to operating departments and will be an integral part of creating a new business intelligence platform.
• Works with internal business areas to define business data modes and reporting requirements.
• Implement and continually refactor semantic layer maps for data warehousing that reflect the business data model and reporting needs.
• Perform complex data analysis that requires critical thinking and report development activities, such as the creation of SQL queries and stored procedures in order to extract data for reports.
• Contributes to the development of the IT strategy via critical assessment of emerging data management technologies and gaining a deep understanding of STEMCELL’s business processes and tools.
• Design and implement report templates using MS Excel.
• Assist in the training, support, maintenance, and ongoing administration of reporting applications.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of delivery and operations within reporting and data warehousing.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Minimum 7+ years of experience using Oracle (particularly PL/SQL), MS SQLServer (particularly T-SQL).
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience using SSRS with BI/Data warehouse software and technologies - MicroStrategy preferred.
• Experience with data visualization software and enterprise data transformation tools.
• Experience using modern version control systems - GitHub preferred.
• Experience working with issue tracking systems - JIRA preferred.
• Familiar with Agile development techniques.
• Familiar with test driven development.
• Familiar with ERP and manufacturing.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written) both in one-on-one and in a group setting including presentation skills in front of development and business areas.
• Excellent problem-solving with a keen attention to detail.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply online at https://jobs.stemcell.com/