STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Currently, we have an opening for a Customer Service Representative in our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will work as part of the team that is responsible for receiving and processing North American orders, coordinating shipments, answering phones, providing prompt responses to customer concerns while delivery exceptional customer service. Other tasks will be performed as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process a variety of customer orders for the assigned territory into the ERP system accurately. This includes reagents, proficiency testing, primary cells, custom orders, instruments, training course etc.
- Provide exceptional service to all external and internal customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner in writing and over the phone.
- Coordinate all internal requests and shipments to collaborators.
- Actively review all open orders to ensure backorders are promptly acted on and fulfilled.
- Collaborate cross departmentally across Operations, Sales and Marketing to communicate and meet customer requests in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with Finance to follow up with customers on any collection, invoice or credit card issues.
- Act as a custodian of inventory that is warehoused in various locations, including inventory on hold.
- Provide reception coverage as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or a diploma is highly recommended
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer service environment or order processing
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Strong word processing and excel skills are highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English required. Ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply here