Education & Qualifications:
University degree in law, business, or related discipline and a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ related experience with the successful negotiation and execution of a broad range of agreements, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drafts, negotiates, and facilitates execution of a broad range of agreements in a timely manner with vendors, contractors, and collaborators.
- Reviews, identifies, and mitigates contractual and business risks in third party agreements and presents findings to management.
- Manages and administrates executed agreements to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Liaises with internal/external stakeholders (Business Development, Legal, R&D, Intellectual Property, Finance, external counsel, etc.) in the negotiation of contracts and associated statements of work.
- Supports internal stakeholders as the contracts subject matter expert in order to provide contractual and commercial risks and issues. Provides mentorship and leadership within the organization.
- Ensures accurate, easily accessible and complete records of the Company’s contractual and business matters.
- Monitors contract expiration periods, engages with internal stakeholders to determine renewal priorities and changes in the business drivers, and manages the process for renewals, amendments, or extensions.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management, and external partners.