This position is part of Synaptive Medical’s Supply Chain team and reporting to Supply Chain Manager and responsible for ensuring that quality materials are available at the most cost-effective price at all times to meet customer demands in conjunction with inventory objectives. The incumbent must also ensure proper procedures are followed to support cost reduction initiatives/projects.
What You’ll Do
- Planning (MRP), procuring (MRO/OTS), and expediting materials (raw and finished goods) and supplies.
- Item, supplier setup, processing planned orders and Purchase order requests.
- Supporting engineering and R&D for new product introduction procurement activities.
- Manage supplier recovery schedules to meet organization’s demand requirements.
- Provide support to Senior NPI Technical Buyers as needed.
- Following up with vendors on deliveries and receiving/invoice errors.
- Resolving issues with supplier regarding nonconforming materials.
- Negotiating on such items as adjustments, improving terms, obtaining bids, etc.
- Revising purchase orders, managing order action reports (expediting/de-expediting/cancellations).
- Reviewing and investigating (as required) vendors, recommending regular and alternate sources of supply.
- Preparing reports as required.
- Increasing inventory turns and minimizing production material stock outs.
- Actively working towards 100% on-time and complete purchase order deliveries.
- Improving cost savings through contractual agreements.
- Identifying and securing sources of supply on new and improved materials, tools, and services (in collaboration with Engineering).
- Coordinating material discontinuation as required through the ECR/ECO process.
- Comply with the following principles: Demand Flow Technology, 5S and ISO-13485:2003 and the overall Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Compliance of themselves and co-workers
What You’ll Need
- APICS CSCP designation, APICS CPIM designation, or PMAC SCMP designation.
- 2+ years’ experience in a planning and purchasing role.
- Experience using ERP/MRP and PLM software packages.
- Demonstrated understanding of MRP, inventory, and production principles.
- Computer skills - Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Internet Explorer.
- Experience in data entry.
- Basic inventory management skills required.
It Would Be Amazing If You Had
- KanBan or Lean manufacturing experience.
- Experience in purchasing and planning.
- ISO experience would be an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude with strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible and agile in attitude.
- Initiative to investigate problems, develop solutions and obtain results.
- Skilled in prioritizing, multi-tasking and problem-solving.
- Ability to make independent decisions within well-defined guidelines.
- Must be a team player, dependable and demonstrate ability to follow directions.
- Positive attitude, team building skills, and willingness to learn.
- Able to adapt and drive change in a product development & manufacturing setting.
To apply for this position, visit: https://canr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/pp4h663/Posting/Vie...
The Fine Print
The employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities.
We would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for these positions. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.