STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
The Backup Receptionist / Material Handler is a hybrid position that offers variety. Reporting to the Director of Facilities, you will provide internal and external customer service support in supply chain and front desk reception duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer all incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate person and/or department
- Greet visitors, sign them in and manage visitor/delivery logs
- Reconcile ID badges and temporary access cards
- Manage all mail and couriers, incoming, outgoing and interoffice
- Conduct daily facility inspections, maintain cleanliness in common areas
- Liaise with the janitorial staff and address any concerns
- Manage office supplies and coffee inventory
- Complete site specific facilities requests as delegated or coordinate with property manager
- Performs receiving inspection for incoming materials according to standard procedures and/or specifications
- Labels, stores and delivers materials within the site
- Packages and processes materials for shipping, as required.
- Communicates effectively with couriers (Novex, FedEx, UPS, etc...) and internal material handling team
- Organizes and monitors storage space. May create additional storage areas as required.
- Send and receive, inspect and store inbound material during the daily transfers.
- Complies with safety requirements and CT-PAT
- Previous office or customer service experience is considered an asset
- A diploma is considered an asset
- Presentable, friendly, outgoing personality that is clearly evident both in person and over the phone
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer focus are vital to excel in this role
- Works well in a multi-task environment with a number of team members
- Computer proficiency is a MUST
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, give attention to detail, follow procedure
- A proactive approach to assignments
- Ability to lift and move moderately heavy or bulky items throughout multiple floors at site
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply here