Do you have the skills to work in Canada’s bio-economy?
Have your experience recognized and stand out above the rest!
If you’re a bio-economy professional new to Canada, a new graduate fresh out of university, or someone with bio-economy work experience looking for a change, you know it can be hard to prove you have the skills for the job you want. Thanks to the BioSkills Recognition Program, you can showcase your abilities to employers in Canada’s growing biotech sector.
The BioSkills Recognition Program lets employers know you have the capabilities and understanding to work in Canada’s bio-economy.
The BioSkills Recognition Portfolio is listed at $200.
How it works
To get started, you will create an online portfolio of your skills with BioTalent Canada’s easy-to-use BioSkills Portfolio Recognition tool. A team of biotech professionals will review your skillset and credentials. Once successfully validated, and you are recognized as BioReady™, you will be added to BioSkill Match, BioTalent Canada’s database of job seekers. Employers looking for skilled candidates can see that you are labelled BioReady and will know that you have the skills and experience to work in Canada’s bio-economy.
- Personalized BioSkills Portfolio online tool to highlight your skills
- The BioSkills Portfolio takes only 1-2 hours to complete
- Web-accessible anywhere, anytime, and you don’t have to complete it in one sitting
- BioSkills Transfer Tool easily identifies skills you can transfer from other professions like traditional manufacturing, medicine, nursing, veterinary, etc.
- After your BioSkills Portfolio gets reviewed and approved by the BioReady Review Board, you will receive the industry recognized BioReady designation
- Successfully transfer your skills from another industry with the BioSkills Transfer Tool
- Showcase your skills to employers with an industry-wide recognized BioReady Certificate
- Have your profile added to the BioSkills Match database of job seekers and get noticed by employers looking to recruit talented workers
- Have the advantage over other job seekers with the BioReady status
Who can participate
The BioSkills Recognition Program is open to individuals with skills associated with any work-related function in the Canadian bio-economy, who meet the following eligibility criteria. As a BioSkills Recognition Program applicant, you must:
- Be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Be fluent in English
How to participate
- Go to My Dashboard in the upper menu
- Scroll down to Applications on your rigth-hand side
- Click on BioSkills Recognition Portfolio to get started
- New users, register as “Full Access - Job Seeker”
- For a brief video tutorial of the BioSkills Recognition Portfolio, click here.
- BioSkills Recognition Portfolio Step-by-Step Guide
- BioSkills Recognition Program - FAQs
- Save yourself time. The information you have entered in “My Profile” such as your education, employment and skills, will auto-populate sections within your BioSkills Recognition portfolio
Let employers know you’re BioReady™!
For any questions, please contact BioTalent Canada at email@example.com or (613) 235-1402 ext. 222
You may also like to:
Find out more about Alternative Careers: