Do you work in biotech as a non-scientist?
If yes, this course is for you.
Enrol in the two-day, immersive BioBasics course now. You will discover the science and technology concepts which form the basis of the biotechnology industry.
BioBasics™ is a two-day, intensive course developed and taught by BioTech Primer. Starting with a review of fundamental scientific concepts, industry experts explain the basics required for understanding how biotechnology healthcare products work. Building on this scientific knowledge through lecture, discussion and hands-on labs, the course explores various therapeutic approaches, including monoclonal antibodies, stem cells, gene therapy, and RNA therapy, for different disease indications. Stratified medicine, biologics manufacturing, and next-generation sequencing applications are also discussed. The course culminates in an overview of the drug discovery and development process, enabling participants to understand how different organizations interact to bring a drug to market. Develop a working knowledge of the science/ technology, and learn how business/ regulatory decisions impact the biotechnology healthcare industry. BioBasics™ enables more effective communication with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Achieve greater biotechnology and life science literacy
- Converse more easily with industry clients, partners, colleagues and scientists
- Gain a better understanding of how different entities interact within the sector
- Understand how innovative technologies work scientifically
- Discover a newfound appreciation for the advances that fuel the biotechnology and life sciences industries.
If you would like us to organize a BioBasics course in your area, contact Fiorella Jansen-Nicorescu at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613 235 1402 ext. 229.
Participants have said…
“I enjoyed the BioBasics Course. I thought what it did for me was fill in some of the holes.”
Mark Kitching, Applications Specialist Malvern Instruments Inc
"I was given a refresher on what I already knew and new things that have developed over time. Instructor was excellent.”
Jason Steele, Client Relationship Manager,
National Research Council Canada (NRC)
“Extremely useful. […] It provided me with a foundation of what we do from beginning to end.”
Dina Iezzi, Director Marketing and Special Projects,
Therapure BioPharma Inc.
Who should attend BioBasics?
Professionals from all sectors of the biotech, pharma and life sciences industries benefit from BioBasics including:
- Sales, Marketing, Communications, Government Relations
- Human Resources
- Business and Finance
- Facilities, Management
- Policy Makers
- Lobbyists and Attorneys
- Venture Capitalists, Investors and Bankers
- PR Specialists and Journalists
- Industrial real estate agents, architects and engineers
- Bioscience associations and economic development entities
- Researchers, research assistants and laboratory technicians
BioTech Primer educates decision makers in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries across the United States, Canada and around the world. With continuously updated materials and industry experienced instructors, BioTech Primer is uniquely positioned to provide the most current biotechnology instruction available. Clear, comprehensive and compelling training gives participants a full understanding of the relevant science and technology inherent in the work they do.
You may also like to: