BioBasics is coming to Toronto on June 13-14, 2018. Register today!
All BioTalent Canada partners receive a $275 US dollars discount by using the coupon code BIOTALENT when registering. The last BioBasics course held in Toronto sold out, so register today!
The BioBasics™: Biotech for the Non-Scientists course will be held on June 13-14, 2018 in Toronto, Canada.This interactive course is focused on explaining the science driving today's hottest biopharma innovations.
Amp up your biopharma knowledge by learning:
- Immunotherapies, CAR-T, checkpoint inhibitors
- RNA therapies, gene therapies, orphan drugs
- Precision medicine, companion diagnostics
- Biosimilars, biomanufacturing
- Clinical stage and newly-approved drugs
Register today - seating is limited
*Please note the price for this course is in US dollars.
Can't make this short course? View our 2018 calendar for other classes, dates and locations.
Biotech Primer is trusted by many of the largest names in the biopharma industry, with over 65,000 professionals trained since 2001.
Do you work in biotech as a non-scientist?
If yes, this course is for you.
BioBasics is an intensive course starting with a review of scientific concepts required for understanding the biopharma industry. Building on this knowledge, the course delves into the cause of disease, the drug discovery process used to identify therapeutics, and the biomanufacturing standards followed to produce therapeutics. Day two begins with an explanation of how the body fights disease and how various medicines work, on the molecular level, to aid the body back to health. The latest innovations in vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, stem cells, immunotherapies, inhibitors, CART, exon-skipping, RNA therapies and much, much more are discussed in enough detail to help you be dangerous.
Biotech Primer delivers current, industry relevant training for biotech industry professionals. Not a scientist? Not a problem! Biotech Primer's industry expert instructors explain the science and technology used in the lab in a concise, easy to follow manner.
- Achieve greater biotechnology and life science literacy
- Converse more easily with industry clients, partners, colleagues and scientists
- Gain a better understanding of how different entities interact within the sector
- Understand how innovative technologies work scientifically
- Discover a newfound appreciation for the advances that fuel the biotechnology and life sciences industries.
If you would like us to organize a BioBasics course in your area, contact Eli Duern at email@example.com or 613 235 1402 ext. 225.
Participants have said…
“I enjoyed the BioBasics Course. I thought what it did for me was fill in some of the holes.”
Mark Kitching, Applications Specialist Malvern Instruments Inc
"I was given a refresher on what I already knew and new things that have developed over time. Instructor was excellent.”
Jason Steele, Client Relationship Manager,
National Research Council Canada (NRC)
“Extremely useful. […] It provided me with a foundation of what we do from beginning to end.”
Dina Iezzi, Director Marketing and Special Projects,
Therapure BioPharma Inc.
Who should attend BioBasics?
Professionals from all sectors of the biotech, pharma and life sciences industries benefit from BioBasics including:
- Sales, Marketing, Communications, Government Relations
- Human Resources
- Business and Finance
- Facilities, Management
- Policy Makers
- Lobbyists and Attorneys
- Venture Capitalists, Investors and Bankers
- PR Specialists and Journalists
- Industrial real estate agents, architects and engineers
- Bioscience associations and economic development entities
- Researchers, research assistants and laboratory technicians
Biotech Primer educates decision makers in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries across the United States, Canada and around the world. With continuously updated materials and industry experienced instructors, Biotech Primer is uniquely positioned to provide the most current biotechnology instruction available. Clear, comprehensive and compelling training gives participants a full understanding of the relevant science and technology inherent in the work they do.
You may also like to: