Integrate biotechnology into Grade 7 to 12 curriculum.
Identify opportunities for teachers, resource developers and curriculum developers to develop units, lesson plans and learning resources about biotechnology.
- Integrate biotechnology into existing curriculum
- Develop learning plans
- Transform big ideas into learning opportunities
- Gain professional development
- Proven framework for educators and curriculum developers
- Careers and competency information
- Glossary of common biotechnology terms
This document outlines a framework to assist educators and curriculum and resource developers in providing Canadian students with opportunities to develop awareness and understanding of biotechnology. Biotechnology is a business sector and scientific discipline which deals with the use of living organisms or their products in industrial processes. It is a group of related technologies that is used by many industries. Typically, learning about biotechnology is usually found in specialized courses at the senior level in science or in technology education; however, understanding biotechnology is not the sole domain of any subject discipline or the senior grades. Biotechnology is interdisciplinary and the structure and organization of the Biotechnology Learning Continuum, Grades 7 to 12 is not specific to one or two subject areas.
Click here to view the Biotechnology Learning Continuum
You may also like to:
- Find out what a biotechnology job is like with the Bio-economy Career Profiles.
- Explore possible BioCareer Pathways.
- See what skills employers are looking for in the Bio-economy Skills Profiles.