Get a glimpse of key skills required in many popular bio-economy occupations.
Planning a job search means understanding occupational skills that employers demand. Start off on the right foot by checking out the Bio-economy Skills At-a-Glance first.
- Quick reference list of skills
- Professional and educational experience requirements
- Occupational descriptions
- Diverse set of occupations
The Bio-economy Skills At-a-Glance are built around Key Competencies. They capture the key hard and soft skills required to successfully function in a position. Those key competencies require specific tasks be accomplished in order to attain the desired outcome. More often than not, those key activities are functional in nature and require the application of specific knowledge acquired by education, training or practical experience. In bio-economy companies, those functional competencies may be very broad and diversified, encompassing both scientific and business expertise. Some may refer to functional competencies as hard skills of the position. The Bio-economy Skills At-a-Glance have been developed through exhaustive secondary research.
- Business Development Manager (PDF, 225 KB)
- Chemical Engineer (PDF, 223 KB)
- Customer Service Representative (PDF, 188 KB)
- Finance Manager (PDF, 211 KB)
- Government Relations Officer (PDF, 225 KB)
- Instrument Technician (PDF, 215 KB)
- Machine Operator (PDF, 220 KB)
- Maintenance Worker (PDF, 263 KB)
- Manager of Manufacturing (PDF, 204 KB)
- Manufacturing Supervisor (PDF, 215 KB)
- Manufacturing Worker (PDF, 216 KB)
- Marketing Manager (PDF, 208 KB)
- Materials Manager (PDF, 205 KB)
- Process Development Technician (PDF, 217 KB)
- Production Engineer (PDF, 212 KB)
- Production Planner/Scheduler (PDF, 214 KB)
- Project Manager (PDF, 210 KB)
- Public Relations Director (PDF, 205 KB)
- Quality Control Analyst (PDF, 207 KB)
- Quality Control Inspector (PDF, 208 KB)
- Sales Representative (PDF, 193 KB)
- Technical Support Manager (PDF, 200 KB)
For additional skills information that have been validated by industry please see the Bio-economy Skills Profiles.