“Feedback from Canadian biotech companies on the contribution of young workers has been overwhelmingly positive. The Catalyst Award is our way to highlight new hires, showcase their achievements and tell their stories.”
Rob Henderson, President and CEO, BioTalent Canada
Reward an employee and get highlighted as an Employer of Choice
BioTalent Canada’s Catalyst Award is an employee recognition award, granting a $1,000 prize to the young employee who has contributed most significantly to a biotechnology organization in 2022.
The award recognizes the impacts and achievements of young employees who are wage subsidy recipients in Canada’s bio-economy and places a spotlight on the employers that give these young people opportunities.
The 2023 Catalyst Award is accepting entries from employers until March 31. Bio-economy employers are encouraged to submit nominations that describe, in detail, how their recent wage subsidy hires have gone above and beyond to contribute to their organization.
Launched in 2015, the Catalyst Award for Top New Hire has previously been awarded to some of the bio-economy’s top young talent.
The most recent winner, Erin Ward, received the recognition in 2022 for her contributions as a CleanSlate UV co-op student. CleanSlate UV is a healthcare start-up that harnesses ultraviolet light to sanitize mobile devices.
To date, BioTalent Canada wage subsidies have placed more than 10,664 people with bio-economy employers nationwide.
Past recipients of the Catalyst Award have been adamant that receiving the award has given their career a meaningful boost.
Who can participate
- Employers who participated in one of BioTalent Canada’s wage subsidy programs in 2022.
- Be employees of the original wage subsidy employer at the time of registration.
- Have participated in BioTalent Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) during the 2022-2023 funding year.
Nominations from the following groups or their family members are ineligible to apply:
- BioTalent Canada employees and board members
- Members of the award review panel
- Employees of award sponsors
Family members are defined as spouses, partners, parents, children, siblings, and nieces or nephews.
The selection process
Entries will be judged based on significant contributions to the following:
- The company’s culture
- The company’s sense of innovation
- The achievement of a team or company business objective
- Overcoming a business challenge
A team of bio-economy stakeholders will review the entries. Finalists and the award winner will be announced in spring 2023.
How to apply
- Download the registration form
- Fill out the application form and submit it via email or regular mail.
Submit your nomination by March 31, 2023!
To apply via email, submit the form to Kshama Kamra at [email protected].
To apply via regular mail, please submit the form to:
Attention: Catalyst Award
650 – 130 Slater Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6E2
For questions, please contact Marie at [email protected].