“Feedback from Canadian biotech companies on the contribution of young workers has been overwhelmingly positive. The Catalyst Award is our way to highlight new hires, showcase their achievements and tell their stories.”
Rob Henderson, President and CEO, BioTalent Canada
Reward an employee and get highlighted as an Employer of Choice
BioTalent Canada’s Catalyst Award is an employee recognition award, granting a $1,000 prize to the young employee who has contributed most significantly to their Canadian biotechnology in 2021. It recognizes the impacts and achievements of young employees who are wage subsidy recipients in Canada’s burgeoning bio-economy and places a spotlight on the employers that give these young minds an opportunity.
Biotechnology employers are invited to submit applications that detail how their most recent hires, through BioTalent Canada wage subsidy programs, have enhanced innovation and made substantial contributions to their companies.
Who can participate
- Employers and participants who participated in one of BioTalent Canada’s wage subsidy programs during 2020 or 2021;
- Nominees must:
- be employees of the original wage subsidy employer at the time of registration; or
- have participated in the Student Work Placement Program.
Nominations from the following groups or their family members are ineligible:
- BioTalent Canada employees and Board of Directors,
- members of the award Review Panel, and
- employees of award sponsors.
In this context, “family members” are defined as spouses, partners, parents, children, siblings, and nieces or nephews.
The selection process
Entries will be judged based on significant contributions to the following:
- The company’s culture
- The company’s sense of innovation
- The achievement of a team or company business objective
- Overcoming a business challenge
A team of bio-economy stakeholders will review the entries. Finalists and the award winner will be announced in spring 2022.
How to participate
Fill out the application form and submit it via email or mail.
To apply via email, submit the form to Kshama at [email protected]
To apply via mail, submit the form to:
Attention: Catalyst Award
650 – 130 Slater Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6E2
For any questions, please contact Marie at [email protected]