“Feedback from Canadian biotech companies on the contribution of young workers has been overwhelmingly positive. The Catalyst Award is our way to highlight their achievements and tell their stories.”
Rob Henderson, President and CEO, BioTalent Canada
Reward an employee and get highlighted as an Employer of Choice
BioTalent Canada’s Catalyst Award is an employee recognition award, granting $1,000 prize to the young employee who has contributed most significantly to their Canadian biotechnology employer in 2019.
Biotechnology employers are invited to submit applications, detailing their most recent hires through the programs – how these young scientists and entrepreneurs have enhanced innovation, and made substantial contributions to their companies.
Who can participate
- Employers and participants who participated in one of BioTalent Canada’s wage subsidy programs in 2019
- Nominees are:
- New graduate employees (within 3 years) who participated in one of BioTalent Canada’s wage subsidy programs in 2019
- Co-op students who participated in BioTalent Canada’s Student Work Placement program in 2019
Exclusions – Nominations from the following groups or their family members are ineligible: BioTalent Canada employees and Board of Directors, members of the award Review Panel, and employees of award sponsors. In this context, “family members” is defined as: spouse, partners, parents, children, siblings, and nieces or nephews.
- January 31, 2020
The selection process
Entries will be judged based on significant contributions to the following:
- The company’s culture
- The company’s sense of innovation
- The achievement of a team or company business objective
- Overcoming of a business challenge
A team of bio-economy stakeholders will review the entries. Finalists and the award winner will be announced in the spring of 2019.
How to participate
Fill out the application form and submit via email or mail.
To apply via email, submit form to: email@example.com.
To apply via mail, submit form to:
Attention: Catalyst Award
650 – 130 Slater Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6E2
For any questions, please contact Eli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-243-2472 ext. 225