Ensyn is a fast growing Renewable Energy and Chemical company that is looking for an experienced and motivated Director of Research & Development, to be located in the Ottawa office, with a proven track record of product development and management of R&D.
Director of Research & Development
The individual should have strong technical organic chemistry experience, proven leadership and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to interact with customers. As Director of R&D, your primary responsibility will be:
- Provide product development for new and existing products to meet current customer needs, gain new customers and reduce costs
- Direct and ensure effective technical customer service
- Develop, negotiate and manage R&D contracts with external organizations such as joint ventures, partners, customers, universities and government agencies
- Provide technical leadership to the internal R&D activities and ensure they are effectively managed.
- Deliver results using effective communication skills within internal meetings, presentations, and preparation of technical documentation and reports
- Obtain government financial support for research and ensure scientific research tax credits are maximized
- Ensure new and existing products meet all regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain technical contacts among industry, laboratories, research institutes and technical associations
- Prepare and meet department budget and explain variances with appropriate corrective action taken as required
- Ensure all employees in the department demonstrate maximum effectiveness in roles and are developed for potential future advancement